Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bloggy rivals

When I started this blog, I thought the biggest problem would be finding the time.

That is not the biggest problem.

If you have something you want to say, you can find the time to say it. The biggest problem with writing a blog is finding something to say.

A blog must have a theme. The theme is the purpose. Posts have to dance around that theme. Obviously the occasional message can be about something different, but generally the posts should be linked to the purpose of the blog.

This blog is still new and has not yet settled down. I haven't yet determined what aspects of my American escapade are interesting and which are of value only to my Mother. To this end, I'm going to read around the subject and see how other people do it. I figure if I steal two or three good ideas from five or six other bloggers then Potato Potarto should move from being jumbled jottings to being lucid and coordinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment